TRAIN YOUR CHILD'S BRAIN!
Auditory intervention for Autism and other Developmental delays
Sometimes the brain just needs to be re-organized. Just like a messy cabinet or drawer, things get cluttered and you just can't find anything. You know it's there, you just have to sift through some other "stuff" before you find what you're looking for...The brain is the same way. It loves organization. It doesn't like disorganization. To organize the brain, you almost have to play a game with it. Repetitive activities, challenge it, get feedback from it, change things up a bit to strengthen it and make it work optimally for you. In short, that's what auditory training does. We go through the ears to get to the brain!
Lollipop Listening Therapy is a therapeutic listening program, a tool so to speak, that we have developed to teach the ears to gather sound better, strengthen the ear muscles and in doing so gets the brain to process more efficiently and effectively. Within the ears resides a lot of body functions. We take these for granted when they are easy for us, but when your child can't do a particular skill, did you know it's their ears that are the issue? So the ears are very important in how your child performs daily. If they are struggling with skills that their peers are mastering, these characteristics of a listening problem may be what is holding them back from climbing the developmental ladder. Lollipop Listening Therapy is a great addition to your therapy routine that can start to lay down new pathways and re-connect them to their body, the world around them and you!
We sell this system all over the world as a home-based program (see our home-based listening packages). However, if you live in the Central or Northern Virginia area/Washington D.C. Metro Area/Maryland, we now have a new listening center where you can come and do Lollipop Listening Therapy with your child - 30/min day M-F.
Learn more about Lollipop Learning and Listening Center in Dumfries, VA, 703-477-4767. Call today to register.
What Does Lollipop Listening Therapy Do?
1. Lollipop tones up the middle ear muscles and make them stronger so they are better filters of sound. Your child is probably taking in way too much information and the brain just can't process it fast enough or efficiently. And just the opposite can be true too. If their ears are just not picking up that information, well, you have a very un-responsive child, "in their own world" not able to make any sense out of language, they may have balance issues, writing issues, motor planning issues, attention issues. The list goes on and on. We want them to be able to bring in the sounds they need and keep out the distracting sounds they don't need. And put them back on task.
2. Lollipop trains the ears and brain to localize sound and to de-sensitize their body to sound so they know where sound is coming from and able to turn when their name is called or turn in the direction of a sound. We hear from all around us, not just right and left. And a lot of children with sensory issues don't listen enough with their ears. They listen more with their bones (their body). That can be very painful, distracting, and cause melt downs and behavior issues. We want their ears to be the first entrance of sound, not their body.
3. Lollipop trains the brain to process all of the frequencies of sound. This is important for a few reasons. When your ears don't pick up all of the frequencies of sound, the voice will not contain those frequencies either. That is a reason why a lot of children with special needs are non-verbal. They don't perceive the sound, so their brain doesn't process the sound and they don't vocalize the sound. And keep in mind all brain and body functions are related to the frequencies of sound. If your child isn't mastering a particular skill that they should be at this age, their ears are probably not able to hear that frequency band. Click HERE to learn how sound affects everything your child can and can't do.
Why Does My Child Need a Listening Therapy?
Your child can HEAR, but they probably have difficulty "LISTENING".Good listeners are good learners. And contrary. Poor listeners are poor learners.
Click HERE to see if your child resembles these characteristics and how we can change the brain to create a better listener.
Lollipop Listening Therapy® goes to the "root" of your child's issues. Your child's potential is in there, and it is our priority to jump start them.
You MUST change the way their ears pick up sounds and the way their brain processes them to create a better listener and better learner. Learn more HERE.
Lollipop Listening Therapy®
1: Circuit trains the ears and brain and tones up the middle ear muscles so that sounds are processed correctly;
2. Incorporates our "body program" that works the sensory system and to get them grounded into their body. It's very difficult to learn when your body can't integrate sensory information;
3. Incorporates the mother's voice as heard in utero (when desirable) to re-wire the child for language and communication, attachment and bonding;
4. Uses the power of the child's own voice to stimulate their ear and improve language, socialization, reading, comprehension, voice quality and much more.
Lollipop Listening Therapy® is a program that combines all of these necessary components to retrain the ears and brain to listen.
If you have questions, just contact me through this website at
CENTER-BASED PROGRAM: If you are interested in coming to our listening center in Dumfries, VA call 703-477-4767.
or contact us by using the